Our thinking on Insight
Our clients increasingly talk about being ‘consumer centric’ and ‘insight led’, but getting to insights that inspire and deliver value is not always easy. Because The Value Engineers is a brand consultancy, we think differently about Insight.
Consumers are an important source of insight, but insight can also come from within your business, from the market and future trends. So we don’t always recommend original consumer research, but will take a fresh look at your broader marketing intelligence.
A lot of so-called insights are neither insightful nor useable. We make it our job to design innovative research methodologies to reveal the data and findings in new ways. But most of all we pride ourselves on our creative analysis skills. We interrogate and challenge the data and findings to uncover new and genuinely powerful insights, all tailored to the needs of your business and your brand.
We develop collaborative working relationships with our clients to help them make insights (from whatever source) core to strategic brand planning and embed insightful thinking within their business culture. Investing in insight shouldn’t just raise an eyebrow but should truly help your business make confident decisions about what to do with your brand next.
We believe that thinking around a problem with different approaches can get you to fresh solutions. Play the audio file below to listen to Giles Lury discussing how marketers can get valuable Insight from some unusual sources – and how to harness informal research like feedback from sales staff, competitive intelligence, and just getting out and in touch with ordinary people.
What makes us different?
- We have a highly-skilled team of senior quantitative and qualitative consultants
- We tailor our insight work to your business and contextualise insight with a commercial perspective
- We are constantly seeking innovative ways to talk to consumers, challenging where, why and how we ask the right questions
- We guarantee rigorous analysis of original research and cut-through thinking, not just reporting
- We have a dedicated design Studio to develop thought-provoking stimulus, bringing concepts to life and embed insight work within your business
- We give recommendations on how to manage and apply insights to your brand
What our clients think
“The Value Engineers are an agency of the highest quality, and they have produced some of the best work I have seen in my time here. The consumer workshops they conducted for us have been vital in shaping our brand and advertising strategy. They expertly unpacked the various elements and complexities of our brand, and this has given us a real insight into how our customers perceive us: what they think of us, and what they want from us.”
Dan Hayes, Brand and Advertising Research Manager, Orange UK