Our thinking on Capabilities
Learning shouldn’t be boring or painful – and with The Value Engineers, it never is.
Our aim is always to engage and inspire – making the complex accessible and usable – because we believe if you enjoy what you’re doing, you tend to do it better.
We know variety is vital to managing the ebb and flow of energy in sessions. So you’ll find variety in our presenters and their styles as well as our use of media from simple, memorable summaries to online activities.
We also believe in the “see one, do one” principle and base all training on applying tools through interactive exercises, which often involve working through a live business issue.
Above all, we draw on extensive global consulting experience across markets and industries, and translate this into world class marketing capabilities training. Our constant at-the-coalface experience ensures we have up-to-date cases, tools and frameworks.
The real value of capability development should be in improving people’s ability to perform their jobs effectively. Practical, tangible and applied learning helps marketing teams move from being well-intentioned to disciplined and confident.
In the end, we are committed to building successful brands. So we’re proud to have contributed both to establishing global marketing academies and individual training sessions – helping businesses establish common ways of working, refine best-practice, and embed core commercial principles into the daily work of their marketing teams.
What makes us different?
- We’re consultants who train, not just trainers; leveraging our consulting experience from different industries and markets, translating marketing theory into content
- Building interactivity and competition to create usable and memorable content that can be immediately applied after events
- Collating and drawing upon client best-practice and experience to create content that is tailored to your needs
- A number of highly experienced presenters with different styles
- Expertise across a range of marketing areas; Strategy, Branding, Innovation, Insight, Communications
What our clients think
“The Value Engineers’ desire to help us create an appropriate solution, by listening to our specific needs and using their past experience constructively, has been present throughout our work. Many consultants try to push their pre-conceived ideas and frameworks which don’t work for us as an organisation. We have greatly valued The Value Engineers’ flexibility. The training courses that we developed – Offer Development & Innovation and Customer Insights – have been widely practised throughout our global organisation and have always been well received. The OD&I process has now been adopted as the standard innovation process across the BP business.”
Debbie James, Academy Development Manager, BP