1. “Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity, cash flow is king” (Numerous)
2. “No profit grows where no pleasure is taken; In brief, sir, study what you most affect.” (William Shakespeare)
3. “If your goal is anything but profitability – if it’s to be big, or to grow fast, or to become a technology leader – you’ll hit problems.” (Michael Porter)
4. “To get profit without risk, experience without danger, and reward without work, is as impossible as it is to live without being born.” (A. P. Gouthev)
5. “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.” (Warren Buffet)
Borrowed with Pride from all over the place.