1. “A map is not the territory it represents, but if correct, it has a similar structure to the territory, which accounts for its usefulness.” (Alford Korzybski)
2. “A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places.” (Anon)
3. “The world can doubtless never be well known by theory: practice is absolutely necessary; but surely it is of great use to a young man, before he sets out for that country, full of mazes, windings, and turnings, to have at least a general map of it, made by some experienced traveler.” (Lord Chesterfield)
4. “A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there.” (H. Stanley Judd)
5. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” (Earl Nightingale)
Borrowed with pride from all over the place.