1. “People who don’t take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year.” (Peter Drucker)
2. “Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.” (Samuel Johnson)
3. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” (Mark Twain)
4. “Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one’s better abilities or idea, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.” (Maxwell Maltz)
5. “You’ve got to go out on a limb sometimes because that’s where the fruit is.” (Will Rogers)
Here at The Value Engineers we’re always dead proud when one of the concepts we’ve worked on hits the supermarket shelves, so I thought I’d share with you the outworkings from a project we did with Britvic Soft Drinks a while ago – Robinsons be natural.
During the course of the project we generated and explored loads and loads of different concepts, and although the innovation process is absolutely crucial (to make sure not only the best, but the right, ideas are pursued), it’s particularly satisfying when an actual product comes to fruition – somehow concept boards just don’t satisfy in the same way!
Evidently a whole heap of great work has been done by the team at Britvic (not to mention the design and ad agencies) since we were involved, but it’s an edifying thought to know that we played our part. Click on the link below to check out the ad and keep an eye out for the other items in the fridge – a genius little touch that makes me smile every time.
Biased though I may be, I strongly recommend that you treat yourself to a glass of Robinsons be natural as it’s absolutely delicious, especially the Apple & Strawberry one!
1. “All profoundly original work looks ugly at first.” (Clement Greenberg)
2. “Originality is unexplored territory. You get there by carrying a canoe – you can’t take a taxi.” (Alan Alda)
3. “The original insight is most likely to come when elements stored in different compartments of the mind drift into the open, jostle one another, and now and then form new combinations.” (Eric Hoffer)
4. “Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory is too good.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
5. “The man with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.” (Mark Twain)
1. “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” (George Bernard Shaw)
2. “If you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” (Will Rogers)
3. “The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order.” (Alfred North Whitehead)
4. “Without deviation, progress is not possible.” (Frank Zappa)
5. “The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says a thing can’t be done is interrupted by someone doing it.” (Elbert Hubbard)